Palm Print






dress // hat // sunnies // purse // wedges (old, similar

Well, I am back home in Florida (and not loving the ridiculous humidity btw). As usual, it feels great to be home and weird to be back all at the same time. It dawned on me yesterday that I have spent 14 out of the last 18 months in Italy. No wonder I am struggling to settle back into the swing of things. It is a strange sensation -- I am happy to be slowing down and getting back to my normal state-side routines, but I also feel restless already! I guess there is no pleasing me. Good thing that I will be traveling again in just a month. It is only a month-long research residency in California, but I think it will be just long enough to satisfy my wanderlust for a while.

Meanwhile back in Florida, I find myself melting in the humidity (I am hiding it well in these photos). I found this breezy, light-weight palm print dress at Anthropologie and it was love at first sight. I love the navy and green palm print. But what I love even more are the full sleeves and swingy cut. Not to mention it is beyond comfortable. And since I am all about hats, I added this flat brim, boater-esque black hat. I think this hat will be the key to transitioning my more summery pieces into fall. 

What are your tricks for transitioning summer clothing into fall?


SHOP THE LOOK:

Labels: , ,