Remixing Pink + Burgundy







jacket (similar here) // blouse (last seen here) // skirt (on sale!) // hat // bag // shoes

Pink and burgundy is basically the fall/winter version of my favorite color combo, pink and red. Two hues of the same color always make for an interesting and fun outfit.

I have the bad habit of always looking for something new and exciting. I love an item when I first purchase it, I wear it like crazy, and then I get bored of it. Call it fashion ADD. This of course is a terrible mindset and causes me to purchase new clothing more often than I should. To combat the urge for something new, I often force myself to go back into my closet to mix older items in new and exciting ways. This outfit was the product of one such session. While I loved each of these pieces separately, I think they are even better together!

I love items that are academic looking, but still playful. This skirt manages to combine both with its traditional houndstooth pattern done in youthful pink and burgundy palette. It is also currently on sale! The a-line cut is universally flattering and even though it is wool, the light pink means you can wear this well into spring (it is also lined). It is also versatile. Pair it with a solid burgundy cardigan for work (or archiving), a denim shirt for weekends, or for a little more fun, play with patterns and mix it with a floral top

If you're ever feeling bored with your wardrobe I highly recommend playing around with color and patterns. You can read more of my tips for playing with patterns here.


SHOP THE POST:


MORE FALL MINIS TO LOVE:

MORE FLORAL BAGS TO LOVE:

Labels: , , , , , , ,